Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
There's multiple reasons I'm for Obama, moreso than Kerry.

1)Kerry was a flip flopper. Let's just be honest here.

2) Kerry was a career politician, and had been entrenched in DC politics for years.

3) Kerry was still better than Bush.

4) Obama can actually speak, and his delivery in his speeches inspires, even if he's not saying anything solid. Let's compare him to Mumble Mouth Jones that we've been stuck with for the last eight years.

5) He's actually been against the Iraq war from the beginning.

6) Hillary keeps saying that she's going to push through socialized medicine, yet she's taken more money from the insurance and pharmaceutical companies than any other senator.

7) I WOULD support McCain, except for two things: a) he sold his soul when he campaigned for the man who stabbed him in the back. I can't forgive him for that and b) he's a warhawk.

8) Like was said in the Democrat debate the other night. In every election I've been able to vote in, I've either had to choose a Bush or a Clinton. I'm tired of it.

9) Bill signed NAFTA, which destroyed our economy and sent our jobs south. He also signed the Telecom Act of 1996, which has allowed Rupert Murdoch to own more than his fair share of media outlets, but beyond that it has allowed the rise of Clear Channel and other radio conglomerates, basically killing radio. With Hillary, we get him again. Don't kid yourself. It'll be a dual Presidency.

10) Republicans would love nothing more than to have a Clinton in the White House again so they have someone to blame for all the wrong in the world. When Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh both say they'd support Hillary over McCain, that's not a dis against McCain, it's them hoping to get another shot at the Clinton's.

11) With a Hillary nomination, the Republicans stand a chance. With an Obama nomination, they should just pack it in now.

Truth be told, Kerry was never that all inspiring. When I say that I'm more impressed by Obama, that's not saying much. But anyone is better than what we've dealt with the last eight years.
You've gone into detail in what's wrong with the other democratic candidates past and present. I agree with most of what you're saying, but you still haven't given anything concrete on what Obama is about. It's because you can't. It's because Obama hasn't.

He has the support of young people because most young people still think in terms of ideals rather than reality. It sounds good to bring hope and change, but in reality, what is he going to DO that brings this hope and change?

He's the most empty candidate I've seen.