Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

Or, $100,000 a year at top salary for ONE teacher. You also don't present how long it took them to get to that level. Or what they're teaching. Or what level of school they're teaching. Some stats would be nice to back up your claim. Because, I know several teachers from NYC, and none of them make anywhere NEAR what you're claiming.
Well... of course it takes many years to reach top salary. You also have to have a masters degree with more credits beyond (which the city will pay for at a city university).

I think it's 20 to 22 years for top salary. For the complete failure that is the NYC Public Schools, the 10 year salary isn't bad.

It's not bad for a job where you only work 120 days a year and have ABSOLUTELY ZERO accountability.

Here is a copy of the UFT's recent contract. It's long, but in it is a blueprint for one of the reasons why education is such a failure in this country. Too much power in the hands of the teacher's unions.

http://www.uft.org/member/contracts/teachers_contract07-09/teachcon0709.pdf

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

Madman, its stupid statements like this that give me the agent orange twitch.

So, here are ten CEO Exit bonuses that expose the piggy at the trough that most of these companies are, at the expense of their workers. And then tell me how much these companies can afford to pay in taxes, mmmmkay?
What is stupid WilMac is that you think it is any of your business.... or any business of the state, how much ANY executive or CEO in the private sector is paid.

It is NONE of the government's business.

Unless you are a stockholder of any of these companies, it is NONE of your business either.

If you want to make money like a CEO of a big company, go to school then distinguish yourself in the business world. If you can't, you have no right to complain that someone else can distinguish themselves and earn big money.

It seems the system in North Korea may be more to your liking based on your complaints.