Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]
Obama has been doing a lot of lying on the campaign trail about his true positions regarding gun control.
And McCain is bat-shit crazy. This is why Obama should be president.[/b]
No, Obama should NOT be president. Hey, I'm not crazy about McCain either, but Obama is not qualified, and once his views surface, I don't think he's thinking in line with the majority of Americans on a lot of issues.

With regard to gun control, are you saying if you don't own a gun, you don't think anyone else should either?

Guess what? The whole country isn't a shithole like New Jersey. (Yes, I've lived there on base at Ft. Dix) In a lot of Western states and rural areas, gun ownership nears 100% of households, and there's seldom any incidents. It's the idiot minorities in inner cities committing the vast majority of these gun crimes, and if they don't hesitate to pull the trigger on random victims, do you really think they'll observe your new gun bans?

Prohibition type laws don't work. You're only taking guns away from law abiding citizens. It's already illegal for a convicted felon to possess a gun. There's background checks now on pretty much all retail gun purchases (not just handguns anymore). More laws have no effect on the gun trade on the streets, and if you think for one second that prohibition of guns will take guns out of the hands of criminals, you're dumber than I think you are.

I wouldn't vote for Obama for the same reasons I wouldn't vote for Guliani. They both think that these magic bans are going to reduce crime, yet they have no stats to prove it.

Also consider this: Define "Assault Weapon". Loose definitions of that could include semi-automatic .22s that you teach kids how to shoot with. The 2nd Amendment grants the right to bear arms. It makes no mention of exclusion on what specific arms I can bear.