Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]
Net neutrality is about the boot of government getting involved in and over the internet. It is bad. Government fucks up everything they attempt to regulate.
Except that the government has ALWAYS been all over the internet. They created it, after all. They still regulate it to an extent through ICANN.[/b]
ICANN manages the DNS and namespace. ICANN is also a non-profit corporation. Someone has to manage the namespace. There are assholes that want the UN to take control of this which would be VERY bad.

ICANN and the government regulations regarding this so-called net neutrality are not the same thing Moby and I think you know that. You're equating a mountain with a speck of dust.

The net neutrality that the Democrats want will control everything from internet commerce to government control of private infrastructure investments and who gets allocated what bandwidth and that has ramifications that even go all the way down to affecting the free speech of the internet. It's a defacto government and political control of the means of production... in an internet sense.

There is nothing neutral about net neutrality.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]Moby.....

Did you vote today yet?
I did...at 6:30 this morning. I ended up voting because of the conservatives who are voting for Hillary (Virginia is an open primary state).

I would rather have almost anyone as the Democrat nominee over her.[/b]
Conservatives voting for Hillary. [Freak] Yeah right. I bet pigs were flying in Virginia today too.

Sounds like you voted for the liberal "Messiah".