Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:

Sad to say I'm basing my vote this year on who I think will do the least amount of tweaking.
Here's the deal on what is going to happen......

The Democrats are trying to give amnesty one more shot in Congress this year before Bush leaves office. They know he will sign it and Republicans will be blamed.

This is where Democrat strategy comes into play....

Rahm Emanuel, the leader of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, has already stated that if Hillary (probably Obama too) becomes president, there will be no "comprehensive immigration reform" (amnesty) in a first term. They realize the outrage it will cause with the public and most likely jeopardize any possibility of a second term. The public will blame it on Democrats.

However, there will be no such restraint in a McCain presidency. They will want the whole amnesty package and everything that goes along with it as early as possible in a Republican first term. Republicans will be blamed by the public and if things work out for the Dems, those who receive amnesty will be able to vote Democratic in 2012.

Understand...????

That is only on just one issue too. There are other damaging Democrat issues McCain would gladly go along with that the Democrats might not risk in a first term of a Democrat president.

(Note: You must remember too that they not only want amnesty for the 20 million illegals already here. They want them to be able to bring in relatives.... parents and siblings. You do the math).