Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
[b]But you're willing to give up more liberties by keeping the SAME party in the White House....yeah...THAT makes sense.
[...]
With what we have in the White House now, the terms "Personal Freedom" and "National Security" are becoming mutually exclusive.
Care to cite some specific examples?[/b]
He can't.

The best he can throw at you is the Patriot Act and the wiretapping provisions. I can tell you with confidence that if you're not cohorting with radical muslims, you have nothing to worry about.[/b]
And it's inexcusable that you guys are still trotting out that lame ass excuse - "if you aren't doing it, you have nothing to worry about."

Hey, if I'm doing nothing wrong, I should have every right to own nuclear weapons. The 2nd Amendment guarantees my right to bear arms. It doesn't specify what arms.

Why do you guys think the mainstream media backed Larry Flynt in his fight? They knew that if Falwell was successful in his lawsuit, they could be next with editorial cartoons. They KNEW the consequences.

Those of you who say "if you aren't doing anything wrong" don't seem to get it at ALL.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist