Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
[b]When I think about Paul.. I remember a quote from the Simpsons. "Go ahead.. throw your vote away!" [LOL]
If everyone didn't feel that way and went ahead and placed their vote for him, THINGS MIGHT HAPPEN! I don't understand this. I'd rather vote for him, who I support wholeheartedly, than for someone else "who has a better chance of winning" even though I think they suck and have not offered valid solutions to today's issues. Why NOT make a statement and vote for someone who I personally think is brave and has a consistent voting record in Congress (So they call him Dr. No? At least he stands up for what he believes in and has been consistent throughout his career!) and is not scared to speak the truth instead of just spewing what most people "want to hear".

It's like Bill Maher said when he had Dr. Paul on his show: "If America was a smarter country, wouldn't you be leading the polls?"

I am not scared to vote for someone I support. And no one should be intimidated b/c "he has a slim chance of winning". Vote anyway! You may change things!

Why does that not make sense?

(Does this make me a Paulbot now? LOL)[/b]
Interesting...not at all relevent...but interesting, nonetheless. Perhaps if you hadn't mentioned Bil Maher, you may have had some credibility.

I seriously hope you are not looking to Maher for guidance on this whole deal...you'd be better off asking Smith what he thinks. Don't misunderstand - I get you, Lizz, but c'mon...Bill Maher? This guy is worse than Rush, O'Reilly, Hannity and Coulter put together (I'd do Coulter, by the way laugh ). He is (obviously) the polar opposite of those I mentioned, but much more caustic and damaging to the fabric of the fragile TV viewing public referred to as "undecided". I mean, if I had never picked up a paper before, or taken the time to research the candidates myself, I may take his WORD as the truth. The bile he tends to spew is not only wrong, it is hateful and the epitome of sensationalism over OUR airways. The man really makes me ill - quite seriously. To hear this guy talk, it is quite evident that he not only hates Republicans, but America as well. He is the only person on TV that LITERALLY gives me such an ill feeling when I see him that i have to change the channel. Not that I haven't given him the chance - I have struggled through many shows, but enough is enough.....

Please, take another look at the value of your vote, and what you should do with it. I don't care if you vote Rep or Dem - just don't let Maher sway your vote - please....

Ross