Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:

Thankfully Billary will be knocked out next week, I'm looking forward to that.
I'm lost as to your desire to knock Hillary out of the race over Obama.

Obama is the far more dangerous one.

Too many Republicans are thinking emotionally over this issue and not strategically.

Quote:
Here is a little blurb from an article about McCain's possible VP selection. I'd like Petraeus or Rice.

Out of our various finalists, the preliminary top picks for McCain's VP nominee would appear to be (in alphabetical order): Haley Barbour, Charlie Crist, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Tim Pawlenty, and Condi Rice, with wild cards reserved for Joe Lieberman, David Petraeus, and Tom Ridge. None is a perfect match for McCain, but no Veep choice ever is for any presidential candidate. As long as there is no scandal, the VP nominee will fade into the background by October, too. It always happens that way, despite the media hubbub when the nominee is announced.
All those VP candidates SUCK with the possible exception of maybe Haley Barbour. None add anything significant to the ticket.

Putting General David Petraeus' name in there is also very premature. He is a career soldier and still has a job to do. A job of which he is needed. The country doesn't need him quitting the military and joining up with the likes of McCain.

If Petraeus wants to be a politician in the future (which there is little or no indication of any such ambitions) he would be wise not to hitch his wagon to someone like McCain.