Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
[b]Everything I've ever read about Che basically points to his abject failure at anything he tried to do. Seems like he had one "lucky" hit at making his "ideology" work in Cuba and that's about it.... If you have a picture of him on your wall, you're an idiot.
And you've become an icon to millions?

I'm going to guess that you haven't read that much about Che, other than what you might read on blogs, or Madman's posts. I'm not a big fan of Communism, but you could hardly call Che a failure. The guy did and saw a lot in his 40 years.

I guess someone like Madman could call Che a failure. Madman is a 43 year old unemployed hate-nerd who writes bile on the internet all day...but yeah, a doctor/writer/leader of a modern revolution...that's a failure.

I've read Che. I've read about Che. I admire the guy's will, and yet I manage to not be a Communist. Wow...so funny how I can feel one way and yet, not toe the whole damn line. You should try it some time. It's liberating.[/b]
Do you read any of my posts? I argue with Madman all the time and I definitely do not tow any party line.

I've studied che too. The only place where his brand of marxism worked was Cuba, after leaving Cuba to try and instill his ideology elsewhere and instigate "revolution" it all failed. He tried like what 6 different countries and only prevailed in Cuba? 1 out of 5 sounds like failure to me. I stand by my original comment. Che was not to be admired unless you had your head up your ass.