Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]have we been attacked on our soil again?
This is such a lame argument. What makes you think anything has been planned? It was 8 years between the first WTC bombing and 9/11. So I guess by that argument, Clinton did a fantastic job on homeland security after the first bombing...there were no attacks on our soil, after all.

If someone wanted to attack us on our soil, they could EASILY do it. Do you really think all those trucks driving in to NYC are checked? Do you really think all those trucks driving in to DC are checked?[/b]
What makes you think nothing has been planned?[/b]
I don't. Nor do I know if something HAS been planned. Just because nothing has happened doesn't mean Bush and his team have done something wonderful. Again...that would mean Clinton must have done a great job.

Either way...the terrorists have achieved one goal...make most of America paranoid. The administration hasn't helped. I, for one, refuse to go about my life paranoid about being attacked...and I live and work 5 miles from the White House. My girlfriend works across the street from the White House...for a law firm that had offices in the WTC. She doesn't go around paranoid, either.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist