Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
The media did refer to most of those men often including their middle names.
Bullshit. When the news was running general news pieces on those men when they were running for office, they did NOT use their middle names. The only reason Bush gets a "W" in there is to distinguish him from his father.

Quote:
Let's face it... if Obama's middle name was "John" or "Frank", you wouldn't have a single problem with anyone using it.
If they were veiled attacks like you are doing, yes I would.

Quote:
You only have a problem because his middle name reminds people of his connection to Islam. That is something that you don't want to happen. You're trying to package a candidate as something he is not. You're trying to hide something.

No, I have a problem with it because you are using it to try and put something on him that isn't there.

Quote:
The objection to his middle name says more about you people on the left than it says about anyone who uses his actual birth name. It's not saying anything good either or anything good that may portend a so-called Hussein Obama presidency.
Yeah...you're right. I much prefer a Jefferson Clinton presidency. And with Walker Bush, I much prefer a Herbert Walker Bush presidency. :rolleyes:
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist