Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
But, we're talking about the U.S. govt. here! You don't think they will drag their feet until you die? Hell, that's what they do in Canada!

Not saying that our system is great...just that I don't trust the govt. to be in charge of my healthcare. Scary!
What you're saying has merit, there is a possibility it could be worse.

Quite honestly, I don't know of a perfect solution, but the current system isn't working.

For the most part, counties that have socialized medicine seem to have better infant mortality rates . Though there are many factors, so theres not a clear reason.

From here
Quote:
According to statistics from 2003, the United States spends $5,711 per capita per year for healthcare while Canada spends about half of that, $2,998 per capita per year (Kaiser Family Foundation, 2007). In fact, the costs per capita are much cheaper in every other developed country with some form of socialized healthcare. In other examples Sweden spends $2,745, Germany $2,983, and the United Kingdom $2,317 (Kaiser Family Foundation, 2007). In addition, Cuba , with their well known socialized healthcare system, spent only $251 per capita on healthcare in 2006 (United Nations World Health Organization, 2006).
So as you can see, we waste more money filling the pockets of insurance companies. If their goal wasn't to profit from us (meaning they don't want to pay out) then theres a possibility they would cover more health issues.

Sure you can say the US health care system is the best in the world, but why does Cuba and Canada both have a higher life expectancy than us?

Not very useful if you're just going to die earlier anyway.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.