Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[b]I've lived there. Notice I don't anymore. It's also exactly the reason I don't live in Wyoming anymore, a place I loved. I had a choice. Work shit hourly jobs there or pack up and go where there was opportunity. I came to Arizona with everything I owned in the back of a 5x8 Uhaul trailer and started with nothing. I do pretty well now.
So riddle me this...

A man works for Visteon for 40 years. Started way back when it was Philco Ford. He's raised 4 kids. They are now successful and have kids of their own in college. Visteon comes up and tells him, "sorry...your job is gone. Oh...and by the way...so is your pension."

What now? You think he can really move to Arizona and start over?[/b]
I'd hope after 40 years he's had the foresight to save up and be ready for semi retirement.

I agree, there are circumstances where people really get a bum deal, but you and I both know these aren't the people we're talking about. We're talking about people who make no effort to get anywhere in life. There are millions of those people in this country. It's not because opportunities weren't there.

But if you want to continue to twist the point around, don't let me stop you. Clearly no one's mind is going to get changed from a simple internet discussion board debate. Go read "Atlas Shrugged". There's movers in this world, and then there's everyone else. Why should the movers pick up the tab for them?