The delivery style is a bit odd..but I think he is saying that it is 2wd unless in 4wd...which is kind of obvious to us...but to him, and perhaps awd type experiance/brochures, it seemed a point needing to be made?

That said...

laugh

You can do a hell of a lot stock....

Just take off the step rails and mud flaps, as they get broken off road, and sell them while they are still nice and shiney/unbroken.

Newbies tend to forget, and leave them on, and break them, and then have nothing to sell on e-bay, or to put back on if they need to re-stock it.

Get a set of sliders, as you need to replace the steps with something you can hi-lift from, and to protect the rocker panels. www.shrockworks.com

Just like that, you can go offroading, and have a great time on stock and mild trails.

You can of course swap on more aggressive tires, more armor, etc..and can proportionally increase your capabilities, but frankly, if new to the sport....I'd recommend doing just the above, and having some fun, and seeing what its all about.

I think you will frankly be shocked at what you can do...the '05+'s I've seen on the trails are beasts, and kick ass w/o a lot of help.

Enjoy!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif