Boil them in oil during halftime of the Monday Night Football games, and sell advertising.

Sponsor: Crisco!

(George Carlin)

I dunno...the definition of cruel and unusual is a little different for everyone. I'm more for the eye for an eye approach. If they shot their victim, shoot them. If they raped and tortured their victim....then do the same to them. The only thing in my mind that could be defined as cruel and unusual is something more cruel and unusual than a murderer did to his victim.

The big hangup with capital punishment is that 100% certainty factor on a conviction when no one actually witnessed it. There's always that modicum of doubt that goes in, and no one wants to be the one who executed an innocent person.

For those who don't believe in it all together, I don't know what to say. You can stomach what the murderer does, but you can't stomach him getting what he has coming to him. Why the hell should we pay to house, clothe, and feed him for the rest of his life? He's already costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars in legal fees through the appeals process. 10-20 year stays on death row are ridiculous. It should be 2 years. If you can't put together an appeal in that amount of time, then there's something even more wrong with our legal system than I thought.