Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:
[b]I have no problem with someone wishing me a Merry Christmas, but I have often wondered why people who may nor know me at all would just assume I share the same religous belief that they have.
(this isn't directed at you, Rockaholic, but your commented provides a jumping-off point. When I say "you", I don't mean you, personally)

It's not about assuming you share the same belief system, it's about sharing their own with you. If that person is concentrated on Christmas as their celebration, it seems only natural to me to wish others a merry Christmas. It's also a fairly innocuous method of sharing that belief. People tend to bristle when Christians proclaim their belief in Christ, whether they knock on the door or stand on street corners preaching: "Oh geez, another Bible-thumper telling me I'm going to hell." I'm not a Bible-thumper, nor am I a door-knocker, but I will do what I can to represent my faith. And if that means wishing folks a merry Christmas instead of happy holidays, then that's what I'll do. If I offend someone or they reply with greetings representing another faith, then that opens up an opportunity for me to talk to them about it and for us to share our perspectives peacefully. It's not about shoving it down your throat, it's about sharing what we know to be true.

Edited to add: That being said, I understand that there are extremists out there, as there are in every religion, wanting to shove Christ down your throats. I don't condone said behaviour, nor am I trying to endorse or excuse it.[/b]
The PC people are taking this way too far. Saying Merry Christmas to someone should not be taken as offensive.

But, since it's being thrust upon us, I will take the bait. Instead of wishing anyone a 'merry christmas' or 'happy holidays', I'll just say: 'Fuck you. Have a nice day."

But then the people who don't believe in 'nice' days because their religion prevents them in partaking in or condoning anything nice will be on my ass telling me I've offended them. And then the Antiniceism religious zealots will threaten to sue me.

At that point, I'll just be forced to shorten my greeting to 'Fuck you.' People in EVERY religion fuck, so this should be fully acceptable and not found offensive by anyone.

So....

Fuck you. laugh