Originally posted by spalind:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by zuzuman03:
frown

ETA: i heard on the radio that he lined them up against the wall and he asked them random questions and if they got them wrong, they got shot. last count i heard was up to 32.
Reminds me of Columbine. Those two disturbed boys asked questions like.. "are you a christian?" One girl (I think girl) answered proudly - YES. they shot her.[/b]
That was debunked...never happened...but it did make for a good story for a while and sold a lot of bibles...[/b]
It's been many years. I didn't know it was debunked. got a link? I couldn't find anything on snopes.
Hey KJ...

Yeah, I couldn't really find anything on snopes either... but I did google it and found this...

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/09/23/columbine/index1.html

Quote:
But while no one would go on the record, key investigators made it clear that an alternate scenario is far more likely: The killers asked another girl, Valeen Schnurr, a similar question, then shot her, and she lived to tell about it. Schnurr's story was then apparently misattributed to Cassie.

"Many of the kids were actually hiding under desks and hearing only bits and fragments of the conversation," one investigator explained. "It appears that exactly who they taunted, what questions were asked and who replied what may never be crystal clear." And even if it is clear, investigators clearly don't intend to tell. They cited the tense political climate around the story in this heavily evangelical community, as well as the potential embarrassment to Cassie's family, uniformly describing the Bernalls as sincere victims who may have been misinformed "through no malicious intent."

But investigators were willing to say that whichever girl was asked about her faith, her life did not hinge on her answer. One key investigator said there is no evidence the outcome would have been any different if she had denied she believed in God.