Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
So I guess my questions is would having several civillians in the fight make it harder SWAT to do their job? Will it turn into a bunch of wanna be cops running into a place where the fight is going on to "help".

I think I am a pretty sane/rational person and if I was carrying and heard shots I would head into the fight possibly fucking up the situation worse.
The point is not to have 1 in 10 citizens be able to square off with the bad guy. The point is that when a bad guy starts pointing a weapon at you, you are able to defend yourself. If you are able to get away safely, then that is your only goal. This is taught in every concealed handgun training class.

A license to carry is not a license to protect and serve the public. However if you are in a situation where you can save someone's life, what is that a problem? And when the police arrive, they take over, and you would surrender your weapon when asked. That's how it should work.

But in life, there are no perfect scenarios. There is no law that can cover all possible situations. The main thing the general public/media/etc forget is that the bad guys do not play by the rules.

It is also a national right to keep and bear arms. This appears second to our right to free speech. This is a condition to the establishment of the government, not a government privilege.
People forget this.