Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:

[b]I had to grab the movie when I read the story line, draws a good parallel to todays terrorism in terms of the fanatic madness.
That's a bit of a ridiculous conclusion. There is no comparison.

While I don't know if the Mormons back then were fanatical, the reasons they had to keep moving further West was because other people threatened them and their lives. There were people back then that hated Mormons and Mormons were killed.

The US government at the time was also very anti-Mormon.

The ones that wound up in Utah got word that people were coming to kill them.

You can't base history on what you see in a movie.[/b]
You Can Base history on what you see in a movie!. what you can not do is comment on a movie you have not seen.

I have read several articles around this event and they all are very close to what this movie depicts. Slaughter of 140 Man Women and Children FOR NO REASON other than they were considered sinners and Pagans. Oh and they were form Arkansas and considered enemies. The Crime was mainly led by one person, a self proclaimed Mormon Bishop and General who the President of the United States was looking to replace a territory leader due to his Fanatic Religious way of dealing with things.

Nigel, I am not here to start another flame war about religion. I watched a movie that was based on actual events, and thought it interesting enough that I read up on the subject. I do believe that the crime was terrorism in it's own time based on Religion....