Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by rift:

[b]Oh I think you're right. It's more than just coincidence. The timing is intentional, no doubt. To answer your question about me, yes, I would be what the media would call a "born again Christian" or an "evangelical". Do I hate Mormons? Not at all. Super-duper nice people. Just like I don't hate Muslims. I do, however, unapologetically and passionately disagree with the hateful doctrine of Islam. It is a warfare-based, hate-fueled religion. It is what its founders intended it to be. Ever looked deeper into Rastafarianism? It's not in any way the "peace, love and ganja" crap that Bob Marley sang about. Three of the central tenets of Rasta are essentially "hate whitey" "take from whitey" and "kill whitey if you have the chance". Mormonism, is preached and even acted out as a peaceful religion. But study its founding doctrine, and you will quickly see a hateful, paranoid, racist religion. Like I said, truth is truth no matter when it's revealed.
Well, I've had more contact with Rasta's here in NY and most of it wasn't exactly pleasant. It was in a former professional manner.

I'm not saying that it is bad to look at Mormonism when a guy tries to gain political power here in this country. I'm just wondering why powerful Democrats can be Mormons and no one mentions it. When a Republican sticks his head up, it becomes an issue.

With Romney, everyone seems to focus on his religion. Maybe we should be doing that. What I don't understand is the fact that with the Democrats, especially Obama, it is almost like a sin or a crime to question his religious background.[/b]
That probably has to do with the fact that 1) he's openly admitted he's a practicing Muslim from the word "go," and 2) the media pretty much thinks he's the Second Coming, and he can do no wrong in their eyes. The guy's a consummate politician.

I wasn't around back then, but from what I've read and seen on documentaries, there was a significant ruckus when JFK was running because he was the first non-protestant. He turned out to be pretty good... as long as you discount the whole adultery thing... :rolleyes: [/b]
Hey you would Poke Norma too