Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
[QUOTE]Hey you would Poke Norma too
No, I'd keep my pants zipped and do my freaking job, and then go home to my hot wife (Jackie was a hottie).[/b]
***Not defending JFK or his actions***

But, what the fuck does his fidelity have to do with him doing his job?[/b]
Disagree with me if you want on this one, but to me, a President is, in addition to being Commander in Chief, a role model. Kids say they want to be President when they grow up. They don't say, "I want to cheat on my wife and lie about it to the whole nation". They want to be the President because he seems like a good guy, a man with morals and convictions, and who does good things for his nation and the people in it. Cheating on your wife, regardless of whatever childish things some in here might say about it, is immoral and destructive behavior. It ruins marriages and families. So to answer your question, a man's true integrity is measured not when he's in the public eye, but when he's alone. If he's willing to cheat on his wife, you know, "just a little booty on the side, no big deal" then how can you at all assume he won't cheat elsewhere when the stakes are much, much higher?
I was going to argue with you but there's no point, I choose to disagree with you.