Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
Went to the diamond district in Manhatten and saw two guys. The first one wanted WAYYYY too much money and the second one was perfect. He's also very reputable. Let me know what you think about the specs..Pics will be up in a few weeks if anyone cares that much but I'd like some insight..

Its a:
1.27 Carat cushion cut.
H color
SI-1
Brillaint on a plat setting w/ tons of diamonds
GIA certified

My buddy bought almost the same ring as the specs you give above. Paid an almost identical price, too. Only he just went to the local Jared jewelry store outside Woodfield Mall.

And on the subject of crazy markups, anyone else see Blood Diamond? Most women will yell at you for picking plastic bags over paper, but it's ok for little African kids to get their arms chopped off so the flow of completely non-rare diamonds can continue to flow.

There's so many things wrong with diamonds, I don't know where to begin. Leave it to something women want to be completely out of whack. You know if it was dudes that got the diamond as a gift it would cost $100 for the ring specs shown above, there would be no monopoly and no African kids would be getting slaughtered.

Only women could completely fuck up something as simple as pulling a common stone out of the ground.

laugh