Me being a proud pitbull owner I will definitely stand up for this breed. My pit is 3 yrs old and has never once harmed anyone and has grown up around my 5yr old and 18mo old and is very very protective of both of them. Like it was said before, Its not the dog, but the environment and treatment throughout its life which influences its behavior as well as its natural instinct.

I have a questions for a couple of people in here... Auditor_Kevin : WTF!?! Was your wife thinking when she reached right in to separate two highly pissed off canines?? Noone in their right mind would stick their hand in a open mouth of a great white now would they? Same should apply for a dog fight! I would venture to guess that that was a case of stupidity and she was indeed lucky for the 2in paper cut.

As for you Rinky: Do you have any first hand accounts of an actual Pit Bull attacking you or any of your family and causing malicious damage? Or are you one of those "jump-on-the-bandwagon" idiots that run their mouth without being educated in what they are talking about? I would love to see you pull out your gun when you see my pit and definitely would love to see you grow the balls to "shoot it on the spot" Youre all talk, with no formal education in this background to back up your half witted 3rd grade statements. You soak up what the news feeds you and instantiously form an opinion on things you think you know about but honestly dont have a clue. My advice to you which will benefit you greatly is to gather as much data and information as you can before you start to open your mouth. You will defintely look like less of an a55!

-Rob