Quote:
Why aren't pit bull type dogs used as working dogs? If these dogs are as great as you seem to be claiming, surely they would be worthy of joining the ranks of other breeds that are chosen as working dogs.
Because they're TERRIERS... I don't see a whole lot of other Terrier breeds doing a whole lot of working, either. A Cairne, Scottish, etc. terrier wouldn't exactly be a good hunting dog, herding dog, or other WORKING dog, either... Doesn't make them less "great".

Or do you believe a dog has to be a working breed in order to have a use? My pug has absolutely no "working" function whatsoever. My two Great Danes are technically "working dogs," but I can't get them to get their lazy asses off their futon for anything other than food...

Best I can tell is, your "point" is that you have an opinion that isn't backed up by actual facts. And that's fine; everyone can have their own opinion. Right up until you try to claim your opinion IS based on facts, in which case you just come across as extremely misinformed. It's like a racist that tries to say a black man can't be a quarterback, 'cause his brain is smaller, even after all the research, literature, etc. PROVES that opinion is a crock of shiite.

Your opinion is not based on facts. Again, that's perfectly ok. Most opinions aren't fact-based...that's why they're OPINIONS...

At the end of the day, anybody can make a fighting dog out of ANY breed of dog, and anybody can make a fun-loving, family oriented dog out of ANY breed of dog. It's the owner, not the dog.