So Charter has been dicking around with us for 6 months or so. Rates change each month. Each month I'm on the phone with customer support (fluffers). We had never received anything in writing for rate increases either via email or snail mail. We had given them permission to us a automatic debit card-but no longer. Just don't trust them. Come March bill, I call them and pay via credit card in full. The charge is 68 bucks for cable and internet. I get a confirmation number as well. Cancel the auto debit and tell them our very unpleasant history with Charter. April bill comes in. And again-its for a different amount. Contest the bill and pay the new, cheaper amount. No one can figure out why there is such disparity. Get April's confirmation of payment. Now May's bill comes in. It's for $145.00. This includes a $25.00 service charge. My wife flips and I'm on the phone with "Pedro the supervisor" out of Mexico City. Got to love NAFTA. I'm on the phone for over 80 minutes. He has no idea where the charges are coming from. No idea for the service charge. No changes in service. He confirms that the last 3 bills were all paid in full. All confirmation numbers match. After a long period on hold, he comes back and tells me that I have been given 4 months back credit to bring things up to present status. Including a month free. Yippy. The next day, I take 4 months of receipts plus my notes to the local Charter office. I ask for the manager (who happened to be very attractive) and over the next hour, she tries to figure things out. The service charge was a simple mistake. "Program error." All the other unusual charges were because of "incentive package rate changes." But I showed her my notes from a February telephone bitch session (with customer service staff and supervisor names and ID's) that I was promised 1 year fixed price for both packages. Even on her end-it showed my conversation and the supposed price fix. Still no explanation. In the end, she tells me that I have several months credited and writes everything out and signs the notes with her first name and ID. After all the trouble, it would make sense to switch carriers. My wife suggests that this is done on purpose because most people will not confront them on rate changes with out notice. They are no longer the only game in town. Thinking about Direct TV. But I really don't want to change the house infrastructure (wiring, etc). Bitch session over.