Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Wow, thanks for another full of shit post.

It's all greed? Hmmm, if you do your homework, you'll learn that oil companies are working within pretty much the same margins they always have...around 8%. That's consistent with other industries.

The only valid point you make is that it's a finite resource, and we'll never again see cheap gas. That said, don't single out America. The rest of the world is doing far less than we are to conserve.

Why do you think all those cool vehicles in other countries aren't available in the US? If you guessed emissions standards, you'd be right. If all you want to do is post up a big guilt trip to try to make Americans feel bad for all our transgressions, maybe you should look at other, far more populous countries and look at their reliance on oil, their disregard for the environment, and their lack of initiative in doing anything about it.

Much of the world's technology still originates in this country. Talk to me when China, Russia, India, etc. are doing anything to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and then, and only then, will I start feeling guilty as an American that we're the problem.

Yasha, why do all of your posts spew anti-Americanism, and yet, you still choose to be here? Having an opinion is one thing. Get out of the university world and into the real one so you can star understanding better how things work and the effects of certain forces on others.
I'm not spewing anti-americanism, I am simply stating history. also We are still the country that consumes the most, we consume the most oil in the world, also as you said, other countries are doing less, so that gives us a right to not care? How about leading by example?
The only people that can reduce our dependence on fossil fuels is us. And from this post, all everyone is talking about is economics, price. Not anything about conserving. again, you think what I am saying is full of shit, that's fine. I think the same about your posts.