Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
But the suggeston came on the heels of Hillary Clinton's remarkable claim that Obama was simply not fit to be commander in chief on day one of a possible presidency. At the same time, Hillary Clinton said she was, and added that Republican John McCain was also qualified.

After meeting with retired generals and admirals and other military officers in Washington, D.C., Hillary Clinton said: "Look I have said Senator McCain will bring a lifetime of experience to the campaign, I will bring a lifetime of experience, and Senator Obama will bring a speech he made in 2002."

A liberal New York Times columnist suggested Hillary had "shamelessly" stated that Obama is simply not qualified to be president.

"I think it's imperative that each of us be able to demonstrate we can cross the commander-in-chief threshold," Hillary Clinton said. "I believe that I've done that. Certainly, Senator McCain has done that and you'll have to ask Senator Obama with respect to his candidacy."

Hard words to take back if Obama does win the nomination.

Obama angrily decried the Clinton's negative campaign and dismissed any intention of running as vice president.
Seriously - some weasel in the press needs to gather all of these quotes, read them back to her, and then ask for an explanation as to what she meant if she decides to support Obama. If she non-answers (as I expect), then they need to follow up and press her to get something of substance.