Matter and energy are not really interchangeable, I think its more like they are the same thing, but expressed in different units.

The problem is that they have calculated that photons have no mass, but, that they have weight...and that mass itself may not be as simple as first thought.

Einstien was talking about mass distorting the universe, like a bowling ball on your bed...it creates a low point that other things would roll towards (Warping time/space is how he put it I think...)

So - that begs the question...WHAT is the bed made of?

WHAT is distorted by the object, such that other objects fall toward it?

IE: Gravity would not be a force that pulls you towards a mass, it would be the way the mass shaped the bed, making you fall towards it.

OK - fine and dandy...WTF is the bed made of?

If we look at outer space....a sound wave will not propagate through it, but a radio wave will, a light wave will, etc.

If I shine a light onto water, it won't make a splash....

If I blow up a bomb in space, you couldn't hear it...

If I swap media though, the bomb makes a splash, and propagates waves, and the light will propagate waves that travel through the universe.

That means that outer space is made of something....something that can resonate with certain conditions...and not others.

That also means that the attraction between objects has more to do with their relative warping of that damn bed.

But - If THAT'S the case....why do we have momentum?

Why does the wave propagate at all?

IS there a wave, or is it just a ripple in the bed started by the source that propagates?

Light, sound, magnetic and electric fields, etc...all have frequencies......how far apart the ripples are....and amplitudes, how tall/deep the ripples are.

Logically, I have trouble with an OBJECT travelling in a wave pattern....it makes no sense unless its being affected by some sort of stuff in its way....like a leaf fluttering down from a tree, etc.

Same with energy....it should either stay put, or move in a path to its destination....UNLESS its being inteferred with by stuff in its way.

Everything comes back to there being stuff in the way....what is it?

Dark matter, or some of dark matter?

Anti-Matter?

Is a thermonuclear explosion due to expansion above the speed of light, like a sonic boom is from something exceeding the speed of sound?

The "stuff" can't get out of the way any faster than the speed of light, so we have a "photic flash" instead of a sonic boom?

Sound is not a thing...its a wave propagating through a media....like a ball swings into a ball, which swings into a ball, etc...

...the last ball has nothing to do with the first, other than the first one sending all of the others at it.

In water, or air, its the water or air that carries the propagation......

Is a beam of light the same thing, or a similar principle?

Is the stuff in deep space the same as in our solar system?

If the stuff in deep space can get out of the way quickly enough when a nuclear bomb goes off, would there be the same type of explosion?

I don't buy the whole warping of time space crap.....time is not a thing, you can't affect it....and space is just the place the stuff occurs, you can't affect it....

......the only things that can be warped relative to time and space are things IN time and space....what ever the bed is made of....and, obviously, what WE are really made of.

OK, I think we're surrounded by this stuff....and, I think that to understand how to get a handle on it....we need to know why momentum exists...as it appears that momentum may be related to this warping....as in speeding through the medium appears to set things in motion, literally, and figuratively.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif