Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

Yeah - space/time is not space and time, referred to as the horizon....and the THEORY that you'd be pulled forward in time is also refuted by many a great mind.
Space and time are two parts of one whole.

I don't know how far forward you would move in time as you enter the event horizon. They say there is a gravitational time dilation. Maybe time slows down or ceases to exist inside a black hole.

Relative to an observer at a safe distance, I don't know what it would mean.

Quote:
Pulled into the hole, and deconstructed to whatever the mass of a star with the size of a basketball deconstructs you to, sure.....but, that becomes your present. (I mean, Hell, for all we know, all matter is condensed, and you are completely the same, but infinitesimally smaller...)
I don't think you get the whole concept of relativity.

To you as the space traveler, it will always be YOUR present.

Quote:
They talk about warping space/time....but that's just the dent in the bed.....

...we still really just want to know what the bed is made of...and what warps it, what ripples it, etc.
You want to know what the emptiness of space is made of? I guess everybody wants to know.

We already know what warps it. That is what we have just been discussing.

Quote:
Again...they've changed what they consider mass to be....so that old connection has been broken......its about warping the bed now....so you fall towards the mass, but you are NOT pulled to the mass.

Which is, again, why we need to know why there is momentum....newtonian, and otherwise.
Since when did they change the definition or concept of mass? Changed it how or to what?

I thought we already knew what momentum was. It's the product of mass and velocity.