Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:

No, the difference between us is that I respect other peoples' point of view whether or not they agree with me. You do not. If I have a "complaint" about you, that's it.
I respect other people's opinions. If they have a rational and intelligent point to make, it's worthy of respect and some reflection.

However, that doesn't describe some of the things you have said here in this thread. In fact on page 5 you said something that was utterly ridiculous and maybe even kind of dangerous, I ignored it. Maybe it's worth a second look right now.

You said.... "Like the criminal justice system, the SA hasn't evolved with the times. We should be debating what laws make the most sense now."

Is that a statement based on emotion or legitimate constitutional jurisprudence? Maybe you'll explain how an amendment to the constitution, one of the Bill of Rights, is supposed to "evolve" without being re-amended. Without the consent of the people and another Constitutional Convention.

What would you like it to "evolve" into? What law makes sense to you now?

Quote:
Let's take the number you cited from the DOJ study, 1.5 million in a year. That's over 4100 times a day that guns are supposedly used for "defensive purposes". Is that your belief? What's the definition of "defensive purposes" anyway? Somebody heard a noise and grabbed their gun?
I don't know if the numbers are accurate. The only way to tell is by polling legal gun owners and asking the correct questions to get a decent idea.

Quote:
My concerns with gun ownership are irresponible yahoos, gun nut extremists, and accidental shootings. Everybody should have those concerns regardless of their position on guns or the SA.
And your solution is what?

Is it denying people their constitutional rights because of the behavior of a few?

Should we legislate according to the behavior of the lowest common denominators among us? That is not liberty. That is not freedom. That's not a republic by the people and for the people.