HD DVD is cheaper NOW.

You can get DVD/HD DVD combo disks NOW - no extra charge for HD DVD, and even if you don't have an HD DVD player, the disk will work with your current DVD player (I've gotten several of those from Netflix already - they are out there).

HD DVD disks are also reported to be more durable - that's minor in my mind.

Here's the deal - if Walmart floods the market with an under $200 market HD DVD player and DVD/HD DVD hybrid disks (i.e. all their DVD's become DVD/HD DVD hybrids) the PS3 "advantage" aint gonna mean shit.

Again, this is speculation and moot since neither format is shipping in anywhere close to mainstream volume. At $250, I don't mind rolling the dice with HD DVD. Netflix has more movies than I'll be able to keep up with for some time in HD DVD.

Even if Toshiba folds up the HD DVD tent tomorrow, my HD DVD player will work just fine tomorrow and into the future. Heck, the original star wars laserdisks work just fine - if you can find them and a working player wink

If it hadn't been for the 360, I wouldn't have an HDTV or an HD DVD - damn HD trojan horse smile