Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mnemonic:
[b]My walmart seems to stock more blu-ray than HD-DVD too.

Also, Best Buy has a really tempting HDTV+PS3+1 Game and 1 movie deals. They are offering a 40+ sony lcd package for about 100 bucks more than my Father paid for the Sony LCD alone (about 2 months ago).

Hopefully this link works:
http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/new_user_entry.aspx?adref=header
If you like movies and/or sports, don't get an LCD TV.[/b]
I've been watching the CWS in HD on my new LG 42" LCD, and have to say I've been very impressed. It has a 5ms response time, and so far has been great for watching sports. Between baseball and some football I had in HD on my DVR, I am very impressed at the way sports look on the TV. I don't have a 1080p source yet, but 720p, 1080i and even 480p all look great on it. SDTV looks pretty nasty, but it does better than my 52" RPTV, probably mostly because of the smaller size.

In the past I've put down LCD's but they have come a very long way. I wanted a large screen in my living room, and because it has a lot of natural light, projection and plasma just won't work well. This screen is very bright, color is excellent and it has acceptable black levels.

If I was looking for more of a HT setup, I'd probably still go with LCoS/SXRD but Plasma has come a long way too, they're a valid option today if space is a big consideration.

It's definitely time to re-evaluate these flat panels. A couple years ago they just weren't anywhere near projection sets in terms of quality, but now they're right there, and the price has dropped so dramatically they've become a much better option than they used to be.

Does anyone with a 360 know if the HD movies on the marketplace are 1080p? I'm really hoping that VoD squashes both HD-DVD and BD. I don't have a huge collection of DVD's and those that I do have I don't really go back to all that often. If XBL is already doing 1080p, I'm going to get myself a 360 and be done with it.