Thanks for the help with photoshop! I'll run the rest of the underwater shots through photoshop as well and see how they turn out.

That picture was taken with the Optio W10. It's a great camera no doubt, I just need to figure out the nuances.

The camera does have a manual white balance mode, but you lost me on the next step. I'll peruse the manual and figure it out.

I did run into some erratic pictures during my vacation, so I'll be sending it back to Pentax for repair or another unit. It happens infrequently enough to where I don't have to return it immediately. I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about when I hook up the external HD again.

edited to add goofy pictures the camera sometimes gets stuck taking, no matter what mode I put it in or setting I switch to, then it goes away as quickly as it came. Anybody know what causes this, so I don't have to return it?

There are also bars that, for some reason, don't show on this picture even though it shows on the raw image that I resized to this. The overexposure and goofy bars are weird in that it comes and goes. It's not a setting thing where it's too bright outside.