Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
I'm using my ps3 as a media center. I uploaded all my MP3s on my iPod up to it and now I just play music straight from my ps3 instead of hooking up my iPod. The sound quality is solid probably because of the fiber hook up coming from my ps3.
Wow, that's a lot of effort!! I was planning on doing that, then when the 1.8 upgrade came out, I didn't have to, now that it streams MP3's directly from the home network. Figure there's no reason for me to store my music on the home computer AND the PS3, so that frees the PS3 up for whatever downloading needs arise in the future.

I'm like you, though. Gaming is probably the least of what I use my PS3 for. Don't get me wrong, I play video games on it, but until more great titles come out, that's not its biggest draw for me. I got NCAA Football, now, though, so that'll start sucking the life out of me once I get some hours reduced at work!! Motostorm is a freaking awesome game, though. Dolby Digital surround sound for video games ought to be mandatory!!