Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
For all the things the PS3 does, you know I'm right. Just do the math and come back and tell me what the better deal is for the consumer.

BluRay
wifi
wireless sixaxis controllers
multimedia (photos, mp3, videos)
Memory card readers
built-in hard drive
HDMI 1.3
etc

Match that and come back with a price list.
How many of those are actual reasons to buy one?

BluRay - Yes.
And that's it for reasons other than it being a gaming console.

WiFi? Wii and 360 have it.
SixAxis? Complete shit. Nintendo got rumble and audio into their controller along with their six degrees of movement, and pointing, Sony still hasn't got it right.
Multimedia? I stream that on my 360, or just plug it right into my TV.
Memory Card Reader? For what?

The $400 price point for the PS3 will finally make people consider buying it, but not for any of the reasons you have listed other than the Blu-Ray player.

On to Nismos post. Nope, I currently only have a 360. I would have a Wii but Mineralblue keeps fucking buying all of them.

The Wii is a gamers console, much the way the 360 is at it's core. First party Nintendo titles are pure entertainment regardless of them being 480p. It's like fucking a decent looking girl who isn't an uptight bitch. She isn't a super model, but she also doesn't complain all the time and not put out with her red ring of death.

The PS3 matches the 360 technology-wise when it comes to what a gamer wants, lots of horsepower and beautiful output, but there hasn't been a game I have been even remotely interested in since it launched last year. Developers fucking hate the thing citing it to be extremely difficult and time consuming to develop for, and the last two must have games for it have been total failures.

On the bright side, I did just barter a Wii and a PS3 in trade for some work, so I will have all three to play here soon.
As a gamer I look forward to enjoying each of them equally for what they offer me, the same way I did with the Dreamcast, Cube, N64, PS1, PS2, all my Gameboys and my DS.