Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
Sweet geezus, calm down fog! I'm homophobic because I don't like Wii games? I think that's a little extreme.

Like I said, whatever floats your boat. If you're enjoying playing with your Wii, great.

We could sit here and argue what a "gamer" is, but in the end where will it get us. You aren't changing my mind on the Wii. I've played it and it's great at a party, other than that I'm just not into simplified graphics and games that cater to children (ie: no blood, baseball games where the pros are rendered as 10 year old versions of themselves, etc.)
You did add [Rainbow] to your comment so I used the term homophobe in the comedy way it's used on XOC. No offense was intended.

Nintendo does have games with violence, and blood. Resident Evil 4 on the Cube last year was about the goriest release of the year (chainsaws to the head). These titles are from 3rd party developers, while Nintendo themselves focus on the "gayer" (if I may) titles which excel at actual gameplay. They can come up with the dumbest fucking concepts and end up with a game one simply can't pull themselves away from.

I would state at this point that for a one console home, unless you have children of single digit age, the Xbox360 is the one to own for the average demographics of XOC (beer drinking, 20-40 year olds).

When adding a second console, the Wii is the best choice as it adds a completely new spectrum of gaming.

The PS3 would be the third console of choice as it only has BluRay going for it, and any release on that platform will most likely show up on the 360 with more features and a far superior controller.