The 360 is more of a stop gap console. It will probably be replaced by 09-10. The PS3 is a "ten year" console. So when the 360 falls by the wayside and MS stops making games and supporting the 360 the PS3 will be on the ground running. I'm not so worried about the PS3 being first this Christmas season. It's next year I worry about. If they do poorly even though plenty of games will be on the shelves, that is when I would be concerned.

Nintendo is the kiddie pool of the gaming world and has been for a long time. They are selling lots of consoles but few games from what I hear. Games drive the industry. You give away razors to sell blades or so the saying goes.

M$ has had a good strategy so far. Draw first blood and hope too many consoles don't fail. They saw the preview of the PS3 and shit themselves. They knew they had to be first or be out of it again in this round. Lots of shortcuts were taken in the 360 which is the main issue I have with it. The 30% failure rate would attest to that. I'll wait for the next gen M$ to consider buying it. Hopefully that console will live up to being new generation rather than the Xbox 1.5 they came up with this time.