Quote:
why are you leaving it up to the architect to locate the building on your drawing?
We need the Slab Drawings to do large foundation stakeouts. The Dims on the plans rarely match the actual line lengths in the CAD file so we don't use the footprint on the site layout because the civil guys usually just use the foot print supplied from the architect which as I said before often has discrepancies between the dims and the actual line length in the CAD file.

So when I build the footprint from the dims I have to make sure that the building closes withing about 0.05' which it sometimes does and sometimes doesn't (then I call the architect and make them fix it before I stake it). Then I take it and overlay it on the footprint supplied in the site plan and it rarely matches up...sometimes up to 0.5' off. So then it's another process to make sure that the building we are staking is in the right place...

Not all architects are bad...just seems like the last 3 or 4 that I have delt with have been a PIA who supply me very inaccurate drawings...

Tom