Thanks OffroadX. Yes, different. But I guess I was thinking they both are controlling engine revs. Of course the governor is trying to maintain an RPM, where the rev limiter is putting a limit on the revs. So really, is the X's a governor or a rev limiter? Of course I'm basing my thoughts of a governor based on how old time governors work on say, my old Caterpillar dozer (of which I have and restore). I really don't know how the X's governor works, but was expecting it to be based on the engine's RPM, not the vehicles speed on the highway and really thinking of it as a rev limiter.

Here is a blurb from a website describing the old gas engine governors-
Gas engine governors are based on the principal of controlling engine speed by balancing spring pressure or tension against a force based on or controlled by engine speed. With a mechanical governor, spring pressure is balanced against the pressure from the force of spinning flyweights. Where the balance between the two is achieved is where the engine speed will be maintained. This is called the "governed speed". If the spring tension is increased, the result is an increase in throttle opening, and thus, engine speed.
If the spring tension is decreased, the throttle is closed, reducing engine speed until the balance is again restored.