oba-j
Member # 12612 posted August 30, 2005 12:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POWER!!!!!![/qb][/QUOTE]Can it be blown? What do you think a SC is?
You want more power, go buy a Corvette![/QB][/QUOTE]

This is the attitude that disturbs me. First, not being rude or on the defensive but i think he meant actually blowng the motor (that thing common caused by detonation on a sc model ) Why does everyone say "if you want more power then why'd you buy an x?" IDIOTS MAN! Part of the fun of having any vehicle is taking it to as many extremes as possible. I recently talked with a guy that had the same attitude about lifting his X and the limitations that the IFS coupled with what aftermarket companies offer. BUILD YOUR OWN SHIT. MAKE IT FASTER, MAKE IT BIGGER. You don't need an aftermarket company to make stuff for you, that's what makes it different than everyone else (see the previous vehicles i have built). What if i already own 2 corvettes, one with a 400hp NA 383 and one with a 650hp 383 with a D1 blower on it? Am in the wrong for wanting to boost the power on my X? I enjoy beating down on ricers in my X for the fun of it

To answer your questions, first, search this forum, lots of good info here but you won't find many folks that want to add power. A lot of what 4x4 folks ahve in mind is to better their off-road and crawling experience, god forbid they actually add power to crawl the rocks rather than put 5.17 gears in the damned thing....

I would check out a pulley setup from pulleyboys since you ahve the sc, intake to complement the pulley, and of course exhaust. make sure you get a boost gauge to monitor that beast along with an a\f gauge. You can do all of this for roughly $600.
Now that is what I'm talking about! A gear head and power hugery. I think the SC 210-HP 3.3-L can push allot more power. I looked at an 05 EVO and just about crapped myself on how much more power you can push out of the stock, but really a far cry from the stock Lancer. The Mit EVO comes stock with a 2.0-L intercooled turbo with 276-HPs. I have looked at bolt on 22PSI turbo's and they were getting that little 2.0-L up in the 500 HPs. So I know that my 3.3-L can do much better than 210 HPs. oba-j, I will check out those ideas. I do appreciate constructive ideas. Are we not in the performance posts anyway? I want to find and build my 03 X into the biggest baddest 03 SC that anyone has seen on these posts. Short of putting my X on a Vett Chassis. It's X owners like us that build what other people want in their own X's. Thanks again for the post and I know other X's out there are looking forward to more post like yours. I know I am.