Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
show me one single petition from petitiononline.com, that's actually changed anything. And then I'll go sign the silly thing...

It's a waste of time. Nissan isn't in a hurry to bring a diesel here; nomoreso than any other manufacturer? Why? 'Cause the public perception is horrible (thanks GM...), and our diesel emissions rules mean they have to design/build an entirely new engine, to meet it. Nissan's too small of a company, to build a seperate engine for such a small niche market. Cry all you want; it's just not gonna' happen anytime soon.
Jeep did it, and I (almost) love them for it.

160hp, 300 ft/lbs of torque and 27 mpg on the highway....and lower CO2 emissions. 300 ft/lbs!!- imagine that crawling rocks.

No one here can even pretend to know what will happen in the next few years...perhaps hybrids will keep booming, perhaps fuel cells, perhaps diesels.

A few years back people thought hybrids took three days to get to 60mph, were tinny little two seaters with bicycle wheels, but look at the new civics and accords- they rival the gas only powered models with 50% better mph numbers.

If Nissan, or anyone else thinks people are going to keep putting up with 15 mpg they are seriously mistaken. Just look at GM's numbers. Sure the bulid quality is a factor, but if Jeep were to put the diesel in a Wrangler...that would be a great vehicle....and it would certainly sway me in that direction.

Just look at the posts here in the last couple of months- the #1 reason people sell X's is the gas milage. I think we are going to see a lot more diesels cropping up, and it would be great if Nissan looked in that direction.