Quote:
Originally posted by XPatriot:
Just look at the posts here in the last couple of months- the #1 reason people sell X's is the gas milage. I think we are going to see a lot more diesels cropping up, and it would be great if Nissan looked in that direction.
Not that I'm arguing w/ you. I would absolutely love a diesel engine.

But, to play devil's advocate... You need to look back more than just a couple months; the #1 complaint about the Xterra, Frontier, Titan, Armada, and Pathfinder, is gas mileage. And it always has been. This isn't anything new on the Nissan front. The VP of Nissan North America was even quoted, back before the current gen. of Frontier & Xterra's came out, when bluntly asked about fuel economy, that it was NOT a concern in their design. They were concerned about power, for their engine. That's all.

That alone says Nissan, currently, couldn't give a rats ass about fuel economy. And who can blame them? They're hitting all-time sales highs, right now. And that's w/ their shibby gas mileage in darn near every vehicle they make.

I've wanted a diesel for years. I just don't think an online petition is going to make one rats ass-hair of a difference.