Quote:
Originally posted by switchinggears:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Xterra Kid 2003:
I dont know about everywhere else but right now diesel is running about $2.50 gal and regular unleaded is about $2.08. Kinda negates buying a diesel to save on fuel costs. I'm still signing the patition though.
Not really, because you can run Diesels on Bio-Diesel or straight filtered Waste Vegatable oil (which is free).[/b]
say bye bye to your warrentty if you do that![/b]
True, just wait till your warranty is gone...or take the risk.

My dad has been doing it for 40,000 miles on a 1997 Passat and has had no problems.

I agree with Lincoln. I have 3 friends that are currently making bio-diesel at their homes. 1 of them has a 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI. Biodiesel will not void his warranty. That was the first question he asked at the VW dealership.

The older cars and truck that my friends run have been converted with an additional tank to run straight grease. So now they have 2 tanks. They start there car on Biodiesel and then switch over to straight grease once the car is heated up.

I am in the process of looking for an 89 Jetta diesel to convert over to a grease system and would defenitely buy a new X if it comes with a diesel.