Mud bodding was used for a reference of high-RPM power demand - I agree the mud probably would accumulate on the ATAAC/Radiator/Condenser - That's why I don't "Mud".

Everything will wear faster as more power is made from the same displacement. Ideally a twin-turbo Xterra would start with a VG-33ER long block (supercharged engine) to get the upgraded internals...but really I don't think anyone here has examined the parts side-by0side to note specific changes. A stock N/A engine with forged pistons can easily handle .5 to .7 bar. If you compare two identical engines, run on identical duty-cycles the NA and engine will have better longevity than the Forced induction engine. But think about this, most modern gasoline engines can go over 200,000 miles without any internal engine problems - and most vehicles are worn out by then! Who cares if you lose 20% of engine life at that point IMHO.

The VW/Audi 1.8T engines are not derived from diesels. The block architecture is totally wrong to try something like that. They were built specifically to be turbocharged however. But don't forget the 2.7TT Audi engine is a lower displacement (due to lower compression) 2.8N/A engine. As well the volvo T5 is 2.3L -vs- the "light pressure" turbo I-5T at 2.4L...all again the same except for compression ratio.

edited to fix spelling error as noted by the Austin Bartender! laugh