99 Saturn SL2 - loved it, was a great car, totalled in a 4-car smash up on the freeway a month and a half ago:(

Got this 2002 SL2 to replace it:

I had the 2002 for 3 weeks and it was acting up, the tranny was acting funny, the brakes were mushy. My husband Alex drove it for a day and said something really bad was getting ready to happen. I took advantage of the Saturn dealer's 30-day exchange policy (plus I had already taken it back to the service dept a few times already), the only catch is you have to pick something in their inventory, new or used. We were looking at a Honda Element and then we looked over a few spots and there sat a 2003 Xterra 2WD with 51,600 miles on it. Test drove it, fell in love. The money we spent purchasing the Saturn went toward the price of the X, so it worked out that the Saturn exchange paid for half the X's selling price smile

I still miss the 99 SL2 sometimes, in 77K miles the only thing I had to do to it aside from regular maintenance was replace a temeperature sensor ($15 and 10 minutes).