You will have to change the following fluids after deep water fording:

The gear lube in both front differentials. This will take care of the rear bearings since they are lubed by the gear lube in the rear.

Transfer case fluid. Use Dexron 3 transmission fluid.

Check the tranny fluid for water intrusion. Most of the time it doesn't seep in, but better to check it and make sure.

And last but not least, repack your front wheel bearings.

If you follow these procedures, you will save yourself a lot of money in the future. If you plan on off-roading, it would be a good idea finances-wise to learn how to do all this yourself. If you need a how-to on bearing repacking, FLXX is selling our Bearing Repacking 101 CD complete with video how-to for $10 including shipping in the continental US. If you are interested in this, the info can be had from either myself at warmonger44@yahoo.com or from my website you can reach in my signature.

P.S.

I lurk in this forum all the time. It's just that most of the time little here garners my interest enough to look at the thread. I wouldn't have known about this discussion had it not been brought to my attention. If you ever have any questions to ask me directly, feel free to drop me a line via private e-mail. My address is listed both on my website and in my profile here on XOC.

------------------
Gordon "The Warmonger" White

[This message has been edited by warmonger (edited 07-05-2001).]