I hope this is a quick question for you to answer.

Bottomline in a nutshell:

My timing belt broke while backing out of my driveway. Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones without engine damage. I did alot of searching on XOC about timing belts, so alot of my questions are answered already.

My question to you about TDC after reading over and over the Chilton book and other opinions:

As long as my two (R and L) camshaft sprockets are lining up properly(dot on sprocket matched to mark on back plate) and the crankshaft pulley was turned and aligned with the left yellow notch to the pointer on the timing belt cover and since the driver's side cam is in place, the rotor in the distributor is pointing at the #1 spark plug wire.....then my engine should be on TDC and ready for the new belt right??? (obviously I placed the new belt with the white belt marks on the gears with the dots)

The books and directions from others talk about putting the engine in TDC when the old belt is still on. Since mine snapped, I wanted to make sure I put it in TDC before I try to start the engine up to see if I'm a lucky guy. Thanks so much for you time.