Quote:
Not to argue with you, but the owners manual (at least on the 02) says:

quote: Transfer fluid 2-3/8 qt Nissan Matic ‘D’ (Continental U.S. and Alaska) or Canada NISSAN
Automatic Transmission Fluid or API GL-4. *4
-------
*4: DexronTM III/MerconTM or equivalent may also be used. Outside the Continental United States and Alaska contact an authorized Nissan dealership for more information regarding suitable
fluids, including recommended brand(s) of DexronTM III/MerconTM Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Yeah I got all that...I guess I should have explained my frustrations (second time I've posted a comment on this subject). The part that pissed me off was that they tried to put ATF in my manual transmission, not just the transfer case. The tranny fluid is supposed to be MTF-1. Then, when I asked them what they were doing, they tried to tell me that ATF was supposed to go in the tranny and 75W-85 in the transfer. I haven't been too happy with their work, for obvious reasons. It took them 45 minutes to look up what fluid to use for the transmission, and then they told me that they don't even use MTF in their shop. Finally I got the new high school kid working there to look up MTF in their stock system and sell me a few quarts.