Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
[b]Mike Keenan to calgary...yeah right as if that is going to work.

I am excited, Vancouver is on the road to greatness we finally have a top coach and some great talent.

I say fuck summer let's move straight into the new season.

On another note:

Scandinavia is moving towards combining Denmark,Sweden,Finland and Norway into 1 big leauge. would it not be very cool to have a European EHL and combine it with the NHL where they meet in a big ass round robin style play off and crown the world champ??.

Discuss
That would rock.

Hamilton is not a big enough town to support an NHL Franchise...but it would make for a good interesting rivalry between them and the Leafs...the QEW series laugh [/b]
hamilton itself may not be big enough to support an nhl team, but the southern ontario definitely is. the people that were bitching the most were the sabres and their fans. the only reason they still have a team is due to the canadians traveling there to see the games in the lean years. remeber, buffalo is only an hour and a half from toronto as it is. (and it is already called the qew series) buffalo has opposed, and still does, another team so close to them. now that they have a good team, all the local fans are bitching about the canadians taking 'their' seats at the games. just another reason to hate buffalo.

the leafs on the other hand could really care less. they are the most profitable team in hockey. they could put 6 monkeys out on the ice every night and still sell out every game @ $200/ticket. it's absolutely ridiculous trying to get a ticket to a game here.

actually, i think the leafs have been putting out monkeys on the ice.....lol