We're a week or two from fall practices opening and about a month from the first games, so it's finally time for the official 2007 CFB season thread.

ESPN's best programs of the decade is as good a place as any to kick it off: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

Some rankings relevant to regular posters off the top of my head:

1 - USC
2 - tOSU
3 - Texas
5 - pOUters
8 - Miami
16 - Boise State (far too high, imo)
17 - Oregon laugh
18 - L'ville
23 - ND
29 - aTm
32 - TTech

Prospects this year for my team: Shakey QB situation is question #1. Starter last year (Dixon) lost his job mid season but has been named the starter this year anyway, although after he was named the starter he was drafted in the 5th round by the Braves and announced that he would spend the summer playing baseball. He'll be back in time for fall camp (which kicks off Aug. 6 I think), but he is missing all the voluntary player run practices taking place. He'll likely still be the #1 guy, but he could be replaced by fellow senior Leaf or hotshot sophmore Nate Costa. The other big questionmark is LB quality and depth, but strength at d-line in the secondary should help with that. The schedule this year is favorable as we have most tough games at home whereas last year all were on the road. The exception is Michigan in the big house, which will be a real tough one to win. I think we'll finish between 5 and 2 in the Pac 10, but if QB play is better than expected we may have a shot at knocking off USC as we get them at Autzen this year.

The finest sport in the land is finally almost here. [drink]